Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Events Calendar!

So there is a LOT going on with me right now - both in my art world and in general life. As I head back to school for the fall, I am very excited to see my students and get rolling, but I'm also sort of wondering how summer flew by so quickly. Holy cow, right? There are acorns on my sidewalk, folks. What??

Anyway. I didn't come here today to talk about acorns. 

(Even though they're totally cool...)

For the last few months lots of ART things started to happen, and it's time for me to update you a bit and share an event list for September in hopes that any of you locals can come visit me and my art, wherever we may be. So, here we go:
SEPTEMBER EVENTS:


Smiling Turtle Art Spot
"Turtles as Totems"
Opening Reception: September 7th, 6:00-9:00 pm
FREE 
This brand new gallery in West Omaha opened August 15th and I am thrilled to share that my work is on exhibit and for purchase there. Woot! You can stop by any time during their regular hours to check it out, but they have a fabulous event coming up that gives you an even cooler excuse to visit. The "Turtles As Totems" show will feature pieces from over 20 local artists, including me. Check out their website to see more about the show, the other regular artists, fun upcoming classes they're offering, etc. If you love color and texture and fun art in general - this is your kind of gallery.


"Life Happens"Omaha Craft Mafia Show
Opening: Thursday, September 5th, 6:00-8:00 pm
FREE 
I recently joined the Omaha Craft Mafia, a group of artists and crafters banding together to promote art and our work and just enjoying making. I'm contributing new pieces for this show - (psst: and I did the flyer..ha). I'd love to see everyone at the opening!



Focus on Wildlife Fundraiser to benefit Nebraska Wildlife Rehab
Friday, September 20th
5:00-8:00 pm, Louisville, NE
Ticket Cost $25
The details: "NWRI is hosting its second annual Focus on Nature fundraiser, featuring the work of Nebraska photographers, a silent auction, wine, beer, and great food. Come browse prints and art books for sale, bid on the silent auction, and learn more about what's happening with NWRI! 25% of all photo sales and 100% of silent auction proceeds go directly to NWRI to support wildlife rehabilitation, Wildlife Center operations, and education."

I'm excited to be joining this event with the Smiling Turtle and will have lots of wildlife and nature prints available, as well as an item in the silent auction. I'll be attending this too, if you're looking for someone to hang out with! This organization does great things and if you follow their facebook page, you too can be bombarded with adorable photos of their rescued fox kits. So cute. I'm telling you. Worth it.

 

RAW Omaha Presents: Translations
Thursday, September 26th, Sokol Auditorium
Details and Tickets for sale SOON!
(I'm going to run a special print promo, so hang tight for ticket info!)

This will be my first show as a RAW artist, and I can't tell you how pumped I am to attend this event! Attendees will get to shop and explore lots of artists and makers, as well as hear great local music, poetry, and see a fashion show with local work! Here's a link to my artist page. If you're looking to shop, I'll have a full display filled with paintings, prints, and cards. The event fee is $15, BUT I am working on a special print deal just for people who buy tickets from me, so hold that thought. I'll have specifics very soon. :-) 


Okay - so there you have it! Lots of opportunities to come out and support local art. Let me know if you have questions and I hope to see you there! 

Oh yes, and if you haven't followed me yet, hit me up on Instagram @stubborndogartwork if you want to see regular painting progress shots - okay, and pics of Scout and Lucy, which is the real reason people follow me. Have a great week!

No comments: