Friday, May 17, 2013

Florida, Instagram, Handmade Acquisitions, and SPRING!


 

Hello, hello!! I know it has been a while, so hang in there because I have a lot of photos to share.  The last month has been absolutely busy around here, but the kind of busy that's wonderful and exhausting all at once. While I was away, it also became SPRING in Omaha, which is especially shocking since we had one last bout of snow just a few weeks ago. 

Before I forget to mention it - I have also upgraded to a fancy new phone and subsequently entered the world of Instagram. This is a new adventure for me and I'm just getting the hang of it, but I'd love to have some followers! My name is stubborndogartwork. I promise lots of pics of new art, flowers, and Scout as we head into Summer. :-)


 At the end of April I had the opportunity to steal away to Florida for a week and join Brad while he attended a conference at Disney World. We headed down a few days early and took some time at Cocoa Beach, which was fantastic. Here are a few pics from there, as well as some of the beautiful gardening work at Disney this year. I'm a true lover of all Disney Animation, so these make me incredibly happy.






April also included Modern Makers, a very fun art show put on by Handmade Omaha. Here's a shot of my setup, and below are some of the wonderful handmade things I've picked up this Spring, between that show and other places. Links below to their shops. 

 
 
pretty feathers laptop bag - lizannnecessities
clock brooch - loreliekaydesigns
butterfly brooch - airportlovestory
butterfly bobby pins - rachel o's
screen printed cards - violaceouspig
green cuff - sadly I can't find the artist's name right now, but I picked it up at oddbirdcollective 
lovely, lovely purse I've been admiring for forever - bookhou

 

And as always with Springtime, we're all about the "new leaf"." Scout got a haircut and is again reduced to all legs. Brad and I are being adventurous with our cooking, which for us means a lot more vegetables and seafood, a lot less red meat, and an exciting amount of new recipes. We tried our first attempt at homemade sushi (nothing really raw - lots of veggies and prepared fishes), which actually turned out okay! The Omaha Farmers Market is open, so we snatched up some great things last weekend, and our own seeds are sprouting, which is very exciting. 
 
 


This weekend will be my first one with some down time in a while, so I'm thrilled to have the chance to PAINT! New work soon. ;-)

Thanks for your patience with me and hope you're enjoying the change in season as much as we are!
-Ashley

No comments: