Saturday, April 6, 2013

This is a Great Day!


It's another painting weekend around here, with lots of prep work going on for Modern Makers show on April 20th and 21st. I'm really trying to have a selection of original pieces there alongside my prints, which means that I need to keep working! The barn owl is something I've had in mind for a while, so here's the first sketch. I'll take pics throughout my progress so you can see how he comes along.

I know I seem pretty acrylic focused lately, but I haven't forgotten the watercolors. I have a few commissions I've been working on in watercolor, as well as some peep designs. I hope to share those soon! 

Other things of note:

Miss Lucy has become a pretty devoted studio cat. It's the sunniest room in our house, which means there are lots of stripes of sun on the carpet for her to lay in.  Apparently she's undisturbed by my music choices.

Also, I've made a few recipes from my ever-growing Pinterest board, which I'd love to recommend to you. They're perfect for spring.
1.) A super delicious Spinach Salad from This Midwest
2.) Cilantro Coriander Pesto  from Femme Fraiche

Both are excellent.


No comments: