Sunday, July 15, 2012

Too many captains on this island.


So today has been lots of base layers for three big projects I'm working on, all of which happen to have bases of BLUE!  I have very different plans for where these are headed, but right now I feel a little in theme. The midnight "Jaws" showing last night was pretty fun (is that weird that I saw that and am now painting ocean-y blues? I don't think it was subconscious...).

It's interesting to see a movie I've probably seen 20-30 times (thanks to the shark-fiend I live with) on the big screen. Believe it or not, I found myself noticing details with the shot layouts and score that I'd never paid attention to before. And here I thought I had it memorized! Since that's on my brain a little today, here's a really great Quint print that we've been eyeing on etsy. Found here. Enjoy your Sunday evening!


Original JAWS "Too Many Captains" Art Print Poster by Phil Gibson


No comments: