Monday, June 25, 2012

Travels

I'm back to share some photos from our recent trip out to Reno to visit my brother. Our week started in the desert, ascended to the mountains for hiking and camping, and ended in Napa Valley with wine and good food. Pretty wonderful. 

 Me and the Mr. (keepin' it real with the space shark). 

My brother, the hydrologist, and me on our great hike up the mountain.
The pic below is a view from the top.

 One of my loveliest of friends and her husband joined us in Napa for an evening!
 

This was my first trip out west and we're already plotting our return. It helps that I have a little brother out there now that I'm always missing, and that my good friends seem to be constantly migrating that way. I can't wait to have a separate trip to explore San Fransisco, visit the Muir Woods, climb another mountain, and hit up Sausalito (Heath!). Oh yes, and maybe return to Napa for more wine? "I don't know if we'll have time..."

Just add it to the ever-growing list of future vacations. In the meantime, reflecting on this one is keeping me pretty content. I do have a host of tiny treasures that I collected as well (yes, that means pretty rocks and sticks and the like), which I'll share later this week when I can photograph them in some nice light.

Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.  – Miriam Beard

No comments: