Friday, June 29, 2012

Get the Rocks in the Box...


I'm back to talk rocks, as promised. Most of the new additions to my collection are from our hikes, but we also took a tour through the geology display at the University of Nevada, Reno and in the hallway they had a "Free Rocks" box (exciting, right?). The yellow one in the top pic is my favorite from there. In the middle pic you can see new mixed with old, but that lime green moss is from the trip to Tahoe. It was absolutely everywhere and I still can't believe the color! The painting I'm working on seems to have a mineral feel to it that fits in.

Since everything seemed to be mountain and rock related this trip, I had a running soundtrack of the Decemberists going through my head, with this number topping the chart most often. I just love them.

4 comments:

Stela said...

Great rock finds! That yellow one is gorgeous. Also, love the painting you're working on.

MysteriousCats Amigurumi Patterns said...

I love collecting rocks as well! But they are mainly in the mantelpiece.
That moss is amazing, I can imagine how striking the place looked like.

Duni said...

I love rocks! I used to collect unusually shaped and coloured ones as a child :)
I like how you lined them up in a box!

whereapy said...

The photos of those rocks are amazing! - so much beauty can be found all around us!