Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blitzen Trapper!

I owe a lot of posts this week, complete with photos that I've taken, but for now I'm going to share a great concert experience! Last weekend Brad and I went to our first show at the Waiting Room in Omaha to see Blitzen Trapper. We've been listening to them for a little while now after Brad found them on Hearya, so we were really excited when the guy at Homer's Record Store told us that they were coming into town. For $15 a ticket, it was especially awesome. I feel like their sound is really diverse - we joke that they have Neil Young, The Byrds, The Cars, Dire Straits, and Flight of the Conchords influences (Yeah - listen to "Saturday Night" and you will know what I mean by Flight of the Conchords. Ha.). Seriously though, their lyrics are fantastic and they are really talented musicians. I have a feeling that so many radio-bands sound excellent when they're recorded in the studio, but are awful live. These guys are yet another example of a band that sounds great on their album and even better in person.

Here's a link for one of my favorite songs. It's not the video, but you can have a listen!

Blitzen Trapper: God & Suicide
,

and another actual video:

No comments: