Sunday, March 8, 2009

In like a lion?

Well, it had been mild until now, but at the moment, March is certainly living up to its reputation. We've had a very rainy weekend, but it wasn't until today that temperatures dropped and the wind let loose, turning the rain into a wild snowstorm. My personal cowardly lion has spent most of the time under my feet, hiding from the howling and subsequent banging noises from our dumpster.

The rain may be slightly depressing, but to be honest, I've gotten a lot done today! I'm feeling a little haggard from staring at this screen for so long, but I had been waiting for 2 weeks to really update my etsy shop! I've done some illustrations and a few paintings lately, so I spent today scanning, photographing, editing, and posting. I also went back and created new prints from some of last summer's sketches. Many of them had been available on cards, but I'm offering them as 5X7 prints now, too .

I'm certainly not finished updating my shop, but I made a start!

I don't know if it's because of my desire to be done with winter, or because Brad has been watching golf tournaments that take place in California and Arizona, but last week I just really wanted to draw some cacti. I think they turned out looking a little bit like monsters, which I'm happy about.


I did a few iris drawings, so you can check out the one below. I also added a new mini-canvas ladybug, which is nice and bright! Hopefully March will take the hint and turn lamb very quickly... I'm SO ready.One of my new Iris prints.


Little Earth is now available as a 5X7 print.


Ladybug, Ladybug mini canvas :-)




No comments: