Monday, June 10, 2013

Feeling Owly.

I am finally done!   

This barn owl has been quite a process for me, as I added layers and tried to decide exactly when to stop. I'm pretty happy with the result - especially these colors against the stained wood. He'll be for sale soon, but not until I can get a good image for prints. For now, we'll stare at each other.

Because I don't paint full time, when I get the chance to focus I jump into a ton of things all at once, which is exciting, but makes for a disaster of a studio and a constant pile of "in process" items. Below are a few pics of some things "in the wings" around here (ba-dum-ching!). 

In just a week's time I'll be escaping to the woods for a vacation, and the paints are coming along. I know that a lot of artists need to get to the woods to escape their work, but the chance for uninterrupted art time is a pretty good luxury for me. If you follow me on instagram, you may have noticed that we're amassing a small collection of vintage cameras to play with too, which will also be in tow. I can't tell you how nice it will be to go off the grid for a few days. When I come back I'll hope to share lots of pictures, both of new art and of everything beautiful I see. Happy Summer!

 

1 comment:

Isobel Morrell said...

Love your Barn Owl - am a great lover of Wols (if you're an A.A. Milne follower). Have some in my shop at www.Etsy.com/shop/coldhamcuddlies if you're interested.

Have a great vacation: look forward to seeing the results!