Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snowed In

Good afternoon! We're snowed in today, so the critters are luxuriating (see above) and I'm working on some things in Photoshop and experimenting with a new bread recipe that I'm determined to perfect. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. 

In the meantime, I thought I'd catch up with a few quick movie reviews. I mentioned that we went to see The Artist last weekend, and I have to say that this one does not disappoint! It's really entertaining - and the film style is just stunning. I was a little nervous that it would be too artsy - you know, the type of film that looks really good but isn't all that worried about the plot? This one passed the test! The storyline is exciting and the actors just melt into their on-screen personas. High recommendation here! As we approach Oscar time, I thought I'd go back and quickly mention another nominee that I absolutely LOVED: Hugo. This is one of my favorite movies that I've seen in a long time. It's available in 3D, but I'm severely against that, so we went with the regular. (I'll save you from a full-fledged rant against 3D, but to sum it up: cheap-distraction-from-movie + headache-from-the-glasses = unhappiness). Anyway, the movie gives a really enthralling perspective of the life of Georges Melies, and if that isn't interesting enough, the cinematography and set construction is just spellbinding.  Hugo is wonderful. Go see it! 

No comments: