Monday, October 17, 2011

Thanksgiving in October - and some reallllly good cookies!

Hello! I'm here to share some kitchen victories with you. This weekend I decided to try out a new Thanksgiving stuffing recipe. We're having family in town again this year and I wanted to do something new, so I figured that October was a good time to do a test drive without making us totally sick of it before the big day. I have to say... my first try is probably going to be the winner! I think this is one of the best versions of stuffing I've ever had. It's a meatless stuffing with the surprising additions of artichokes and parmesan - so great. I found the recipe on Pinterest (I know, my new cooking BFF), but here's a link to the source: Artichoke Parmesan Stuffing Recipe


The only changes I made were to use an Italian loaf from the bakery instead of sourdough and I substituted some dried sage for the poultry spice. We had it for dinner with some acorn squash that we baked in the oven with salt and butter. (I apologize for the awful picture - it was dark outside, so the lighting is certainly not Food Gawker worthy).

Aside of stuffing, I also made these Apple Cider Caramel Cookies. These. are. so. good. And really rich. Perfect with coffee and just a little dollop of whipped cream. Click the recipe link to see her pictures too, which are far more appealing than mine. I can't recommend these enough. They're like what a really good smelling apple spice candle would taste like... you know, if it tasted like it smelled and not like wax. I promise. You'll not regret it.

No comments: