Sunday, November 15, 2009

for the love of order

A few posts ago I mentioned that I was working on establishing some sort of order in my craft supplies. Well, the tea was powerful that day, because I even went out and (armed with 40% off) purchased a shelving system at Michaels. The "some assembly required" aspect of it was more difficult than expected, but after a few hours, a little slamming of things, and only a small amount of bloodloss (not joking), the shelves were up! They're just shelves, but when they were stuffed with bins and boxes, they became so much more than that! Ha. I'm loving my new little system, so we'll hope that it lasts and that I don't ruin it with my cluttery ways.

The middle photo is the homemade portion of the new system. I made myself a tag board with an old canvas and some of my ribbon stash. I think it turned out really well and it was surprisingly easy - just a few small nails to hold the fabric and ribbon in place. The pictures on it are some older ones of my parents. I love the one with my mom and Toby, her first dog. He was the start to the sheepdog theme in our family.


No comments: